Aspen is a popular wedding destination for locals and visitors alike. Luckily for wedding guests, hosting a wedding allows for endless activities before and after the festivities. Immerse your destination wedding guests in the local culture by providing a list of recommended recreational activities. Don’t forget to send a link to the ACRA calendar of events, too!
- Aspen is known as a hiker’s paradise with more than 150 trails in the area, and luckily, there are many that guests can easily walk to from anywhere in town. If you’re short on time and want to get some exploring in, check out one of these trails:
- Smuggler Trail: A quick local favorite, Smuggler Trail goes up 1.5 miles from the trailhead. From the overlook found at the top, hikers can view fantastic views overlooking the town of Aspen.
- Hunter Creek: Located a short distance from Smuggler Trail, Hunter Creek provides moderate inclines alongside beautiful views and rushing water adjacent to the trail.
- Ute Trail: A bit more challenging than Smuggler and Hunter Creek, the Ute Trail is a .9-mile uphill climb with around 17 switchbacks. You’ll be rewarded for your hard-work once reaching the top with incomparable 360-degree views of Aspen and the surrounding area.
- De-stress at the Remède Spa at the St. Regis Aspen Resort: From oxygen lounges to steam caves, customized treatments and waterfalls, guests won’t be disappointed at the endless luxury amenities found at the Remède Spa. Sometimes, even wedding guests need a little R&R before the big day.
- Minutes from downtown Aspen, the Aspen Golf and Tennis Club course is perfect for wedding guests looking to get a tee time in around the festivities. The 18-hole course features excellent views of the Rockies and “country club” amenities any player will be sure to appreciate. Added bonus, guests can hop on the RFTA bus for free to and from the golf course.
- Whether you’re interested in whitewater river rafting or a more leisure SUP ride, Aspen has multiple safe adventure trips to keep you entertained on your trip. Find booking and rental information here.
- As one of the most photographed mountains in the country, it’s a must for guests to witness the Maroon Bells: during their stay. With seven different scenic hiking trails, guests can experience their own romantic getaway prior to the wedding. Searching for a more secluded scene? Check out these 5 gorgeous alternatives to the Maroon Bells.
- For any guest that appreciates a good craft beer, Aspen Brewing Company is the perfect way to experience local community and a memorable time among visitors. The Tap Room is open seven days a week, but if you’re looking to learn more about the beer you can set up a group tour at the brewery itself, located across from Aspen Airport. (404 Aspen Business Center).
Click here to start planning your Aspen wedding now!