Cheers to 70 years of Wintersköl, Aspen’s annual celebration of winter. While this year may look a little different due to COVID-19 regulations, we are still ready to ring in this traditional celebration in a safe and fun way with virtual events. For safety purposes, the annual Soupsköl soup-making contest will not be taking place this year but we’d still like to honor one of our favorite events by remembering some of our favorite soups from over the years. Check out our list below for some tasty soups from our local contestants.
- Roasted Carrot and Curry Soup from the Aspen Art Museum, find the recipe here.
- Thai Coconut and Chicken Soup from Meat and Cheese, order it for takeout here.
- Korean Clam Chowder from Meat and Cheese (last year’s runner up!)
- Carrot Ginger Soup with toasted Coconut and Basil from The Castle Creak Café at Aspen Valley Hospital, get the recipe here. (Last year’s winning soup!)
- Corn Beef Rueben Soup from the Grateful Deli, grab some hot and tasty sandwiches from their deli here.
If this list has you craving some soup, don’t miss all of these Aspen/Snowmass takeout and delivery options for some tasty meals.
For a full list of Wintersköl offerings this year click here.
Tag us with your takeout treats on social @AspenCo for a chance to be featured on our page and website.