Get to Aspen by Air
Flying into the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is quick and convenient. Learn more about the arrival and departure experience. Or check out one of our surrounding area airports and enjoy the scenic drive to Aspen.
Arriving in Aspen
- Aspen Chamber Resort Association Guest Services is located inside the arrivals area near baggage claim. They are available to assist with transportation options and visitor information while you are waiting for your luggage.
- Many hotels have courtesy vans that provide pick-up service to and from the airport. Be sure to call in advance and check with your lodge.
- Car rental company booths are accessed in the baggage claim area.
- Outside of the arrivals gate there is a path to our local bus system. The Roaring Fork Transportation Authority (RFTA) provides free shuttle service into Aspen and the town of Snowmass Village to/from the Aspen Airport. View the time schedule. For routes extending to other Roaring Fork Valley communities, including Basalt, El Jebel, Carbondale, Glenwood Springs and beyond, call for rates and times: 970.925.8484.
- Car sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are new to the Aspen area. While the service is growing, there aren’t always rides available.
- Unlike metropolitan airports, taxis may not always be waiting outside the arrivals gate, particularly late at night. Just give them a call and taxis will arrive in a short amount of time to pick you up.
- Due to new TSA restrictions, unattended parked cars at curbside are no longer allowed. Friends and family wishing to greet passengers inside can park for free for up to 30 minutes in all airport parking lots.
- When flying out of the Aspen airport, we encourage guests to arrive at the airport two hours in advance.
- Airlines require that baggage is checked no later than 45 minutes before scheduled departure, and during high season several flights depart close together so please allow extra time to pass through the TSA security.
Other Area Airports
Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE)
70 miles from Aspen, approximately 2h 30min drive
Denver International Airport (DEN)
221 miles from Aspen, approximately 4h drive
Grand Junction Airport (GJT)
221 miles from Aspen, approximately 2h 10min drive
Several shuttle and limo companies will pick up Aspen guests from area airports and drive them to Aspen for a fee.