Don't eat the yellow snow, and more you need to know how to Aspen in the winter!
How To Guides
Winter Tips & Safety
How to avoid slipping while crossing icy streets:
- Add stabilizers to your shoes, such as Yaktrax, to give you more traction.
- Take your hands out of your pocket to catch yourself in case you fall.
- Leave the stilettos with no tread at home.
- Give cars extra time to stop on icy roads before you step into the crosswalk.
- Avoid taking photos while standing in the middle of a street. We know it can seem like a perfect shot, but those cars driving down the road may not be able to stop quickly on the icy streets.
Clean the snow off your car before driving:
- Make sure all the windows are clear of snow and ice. Keep two scrapers in your car so your passenger can help out.
- Don’t miss the roof! When your car warms up and you hit the brakes that heavy hunk of snow will slide onto your windshield blocking visibility.
Frequent avalanche control bombings as well as occasional fireworks eco through town and frighten pets. Sign up for Pitkin Alerts for notifications so you know when to keep your pet inside.