The peak of Aspen Mountain is 11,212 feet. Whether you are visiting in summer or winter a trip to the top of the mountain on the Silver Queen Gondola will include spectacular views and delicious food, and is a must while you are in town.
Aspen Mountain Gondola
Summer 2020 Hours of Operation:
- June 13, 2020 - September 7, 2020
- May 23-25
- September 11-13, 18-20, 25-27
- October 2-4
- Open Daily 10 am - 4 pm
Summer 2020 Ticket Pricing:
- Single ride sightseeing ticket: $24 (Aspen Only) if you choose between Aspen and Snowmass $29
- Adult Full Summer Sightseeing Pass: $134
- $39, includes up to 3 days of gondola and chairlift rides on Aspen Mountain and Snowmass
- Maroon Bells Guided Bus Ride
- $10 lunch credit at Sundeck Restaurant (top of Aspen Mountain), Ajax Tavern (base of Aspen Mountain), or Elk Camp Restaurant (Snowmass)
- 1 free glass of house wine or draught beer with purchase of pizza at Limelight Lounge in Aspen or Snowmass
- 20% off bike rentals at Four Mountain Sports
- 20% off Intro to Downhill and Downhill Skills Clinic
- Sightseeing Packages valid 7 days from first use
Tickets may be purchased in advance online or when in town at the Aspen Mountain Ticket Office.
*Pets are allowed to ride in the Gondola cars marked with a paw print. Lift Operators will direct you to these cabins when loading.
The Sundeck Restaurant will be closed for a remodel April 20, 2020 through August 1, 2020. We welcome sightseers to the top of Aspen Mountain to enjoy the incredible views, free activities, hiking, and more. Our food and beverage offerings will be limited, however we will begin offering food and beverages on the deck in mid-June. Please check dates below for specific operation details.
- June 12 - July 31*: Sightseeing will be available on the Silver Queen Gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain. We will be offering food and beverages on the deck of the Sundeck Restaurant, retail will be available in the guest services booth, and restrooms will be available. There will be no live bluegrass music and no yoga.
- August 1* - October 4: Regular operations will resume in August. We will offer food and beverages inside the Sundeck Restaurant, retail will be available inside the restaurant, and Bluegrass Sundays will resume.
* Date subject to change based on construction progress and unforeseen circumstances.
While skiing in the winter you will ride the Gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain to access over 75 trails. If you aren't a skier you can still ride the Gondola, with the purchase of a "foot pass" sold at the ticket office, to enjoy lunch & sunshine at the Sundeck Restaurant. Another alternative to skiing is to snowshoe Richmond Ridge with Aspen Center for Environmental Studies who offer daily tours.
Winter 2019/2020 Hours of Operation:
- November 28, 2019 - April 19, 2020
- 9am - 3:30 pm
Winter 2019/2020 Foot Pass Ticket:
- Tickets may be purchased at the Aspen Mountain Ticket Office.
*Pets are not permitted to ride in the Gondola during the winter months.