Retail Therapy in Aspen
ASPEN, Colo. (Jan. 2022) – With more than 200 shops located in downtown Aspen, choices for shopping run the gamut from consignment to designer duds. Fashion and function collide at the many outdoor retailers ready to suit up Colorado adventurers. Aspen’s pedestrian malls are the perfect place for a leisurely shopping excursion where one can spend days on end discovering new art, home goods, locally made jewelry and so much more at some of the country’s most eclectic and eccentric boutiques.
- Aspen Saturday Market. From mid-June to early October, spend your Saturday mornings at the Aspen Farmer's Market. Since 1998 it has been a local's tradition to stroll through the market buying Colorado-grown produce and Colorado-produced artisan products. Open on Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. - 2 p.m., the market offers Colorado-grown fruits, vegetables, bread, meats, jams, and more as well as a food court for lunch or a snack.
- Upscale consignment shop The Little Bird is a modern boutique with vintage flair. The store combines new and vintage designer apparel and accessories to create a unique and timeless wardrobe. (525 East Cooper Ave., www.thelittlebirdinc.com)
- When Olympians like Aspenite Gretchen Bleiler have an extra snowboard or local professional mountain bikers upgrade their equipment, they unload their nearly new goods at Replay Sports, which stocks everything from used golf clubs to raincoats. (465 N. Mill St., 970.925.2483)
- Gently used designer purses, jeans, or the perfect summer dress are just some of the potential goods available at Susie’s Limited. (600 E. Main St., 970.920.2376)
- When Aspenites clean out their closets, it all goes directly to the Thrift Shop of Aspen. Think Armani, North Face, Ralph Lauren and Patagonia, all kept in a building connected to the fire station. (422 E. Hopkins Ave., www.aspenthriftshop.org) And be sure to stop by Aspen Home Consignment for antique and gently used furniture from Aspen homes. (202 E. Main St., www.aspenhomeconsignment.com)
Imported and Homegrown Designer Shops Prime for the Purchasing
- Luxe knitwear specialist Souchi offers exquisite cashmere knits in a palette ranging from muted earth tones to bright ice cream colors. (205 S. Mill St., www.souchi.com)
Tried and True Outdoors Wear
- Aspen Sports. With multiple locations in Aspen and Snowmass, this one-stop-shop is the place to get outfitted for year-round adventures. (Multiple Locations, www.aspensports.com)
- Local favorite The Ute Mountaineer brings the latest outdoor styles to Aspen and features gear and clothing for every outdoor endeavor, carrying technical brands including ArcTeryx, Patagonia and Smartwool. (308 S. Mill St., www.utemountaineer.com)
- Yoga and fitness enthusiasts have a reason to celebrate the Lululemon Athletica Aspen store. The yoga-inspired athletic apparel and accessories company has more than 100 locations across the globe with a vision to “elevate the world from mediocrity to greatness.” (103 S. Mill St., www.lululemon.com)
For media information and images, visit www.aspenchamber.org/media and contact Promo Communications at
Maureen Poschman • [email protected]
Carol Breen • [email protected]
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.