Hit the Green
ASPEN, Colo. – High-altitude golf is one of the great summer pastimes in the Roaring Fork Valley, and not only because balls fly farther at high altitude. The courses in Aspen and Snowmass offer varied terrain set to gorgeous mountain vistas, and multiple tee boxes mean everyone from novices to pros can have a great time. The following is a selection of the Roaring Fork Valley’s golf clubs accessible to visitors.
- Aspen Golf Club - Ranked as one of Golfweek Magazine’s 50 Best Municipal Courses and the best Municipal Course in Colorado, Aspen Golf Club impresses with its stunning views; challenging 18-hole, Frank Hummel-designed course; and convenient location just minutes from downtown Aspen. Creating a private-club atmosphere without the pretension, Aspen Golf Club also offers a PGA award-winning Golf Shop, practice hitting area, chipping and putting greens, cart rentals, full-service locker rooms, group and private instruction by PGA professionals, and the delicious Red Mountain Grill. www.aspengolf.com
- The Snowmass Club - Award-winning architect Jim Engh’s unique design pays tribute to the rugged heritage of ranching families that rooted here over the last century. The 7,008-yard private course features an undulating design, creating a one-of-a-kind "Irish links course with mountain flair.” Tee times are available to the public after 1 p.m., and the driving range, putting green and short-game practice areas are available to golfers one hour prior to tee time. www.snowmassclub.com
- Ironbridge Golf Club - Located 30 minutes from Aspen, this private, 72-par course designed by Arthur Hills offers spectacular views of Mount Sopris. Four signature alpine holes are located hundreds of feet above the valley floor. www.ironbridgeclub.com (Guests of St. Regis Aspen Resort have privileged access to Ironbridge.)
- River Valley Ranch - This 18-hole course, designed by notable golf course architect Jay Morrish, is another public course with a private club atmosphere. Located about 40 minutes from Aspen in Carbondale, it offers a restaurant and bar as well as golf instruction and rentals. www.rvrgolf.com
- The Ranch at Roaring Fork - An affordable option located 40 minutes from Aspen in Carbondale, this nine-hole, par-27 course is ideal for families or a quick round between summer activities. www.ranchatroaringfork.com
- Mini-Golf - At CP Burger in downtown Aspen, kids and their friends can play 18 holes of challenging mini-golf.
For media information and images, visit www.aspenchamber.org/media.
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.