Whether your family is looking for a summer getaway or is planning ahead for a future winter excursion, Aspen is an ideal destination for plenty of fun family activities that both adults and kids can enjoy. No matter what the season, Aspen offers many indoor and outdoor activities that make for memorable quality family time. From whitewater rafting in the summertime to tubing down Snowmass in the wintertime, here are Aspen’s top 5 family fun endeavors:
1. Whitewater rafting - There is no better way to spend hot summer days than cooling off from Aspen’s whitewater rapids. Aspen Whitewater Rafting offers various levels of rafting trips for all ages. With transportation, river gear, and lunch provided, an adventurous family filled day is guaranteed.
2. Scenic Hikes - While in Aspen, it’s hard to resist the urge to explore the majestic mountainsides. With the many trails to choose from, there are several that are family friendly for any age. Hunter Creek Trail or Smuggler Mountain Road are two of the many easy-moderate hikes accessed right in Aspen. Maroon Lake Scenic Trail is another easy hike and a perfect way to see the renowned Maroon Bells.
3. Mountain Fun – Aspen Mountains provide numerous family fun activities during all the seasons. This summer let Silver Queen Gondola guide you up to a day of lawn activities, summer hikes, sundeck restaurants, and live music, providing entertainment for the whole family. In the winter months, tube down Snowmass Mountain, or on a Friday night after a day of skiing enjoy tubing down illuminated hillsides under the night sky.
4. Aspen Recreation Center Fun – No matter what the weather is outside, anyone of all ages can find a way to be active and entertained at the Aspen Rec Center. Ice-skating, rock climbing, swimming and kayak lessons in the indoor pool are all activities to try as a family.
5. Dining – Eating is a definite family fun activity, especially at the right family friendly restaurants. CP Burger offers delicious burgers and hot dogs that any family member would enjoy. Grabbing a quick bite to eat before a day full of adventure at Jour de Fete or enjoying an after dinner treat at Paradise Bakery is a couple of Aspen’s many delicious quick grabs.