Whether you are new to e-biking or experienced in this accelerated way to cruise around, watch our video below to learn some safety and etiquette tips when cruising along Aspen.
A few more tips:
Road Biking and E-Cycling Safety Tips:
- Walk your bikes and e-bikes in the brick pedestrian malls.
- Ride with traffic (i.e.stay to the right side of the road) unless you are turning left or passing someone.
- Ride as close to the white line/shoulder as safely possible.
- Always bring a light when you're riding at night. A white light up front and reflector behind is best.
- Let everyone know you are turning or stopping by signaling with your left or right arm which way you are turning. When you're stopping, signal with your left arm downward.
- Drivers, please give bicyclists plenty of space when passing. Up to three feet is the law.
- When riding on a multi-use path ride on the right side and give audible warnings when passing.
- You can ride side-by-side as long as you're not impending traffic, move to single file when appropriate so traffic can pass.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Stop at stop-signs and obey traffic lights.
- E-bikes are prohibited on single-track trails
- Class 1 e-bikes are allowed on the Rio Grande Trail, where there is a 20-mile-per-hour speed limit.
- For more Colorado bike laws click here.
Tag us in your biking adventures on social @AspenCo for a chance to be featured on our website and social page!
Learn more about how to get around in Aspen here.