The 2020 FOOD & WINE Classic has been cancelled. Please click here for an important message from FOOD & WINE.
Save the Date: FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen June 18 – 20, 2021.
FOOD & WINE CLASSIC IN ASPEN VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Join the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen volunteer team. Experience three days featuring cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, and panel discussions alongside world-renowned chefs and wine experts. As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to support the community and enjoy this culinary event.
Volunteers will have access to Grand Tastings and seminars on a space available basis during non-assigned work hours (access is determined based on hours committed and assigned shifts).
MINIMUM VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older and furnish proof of age any time during the event.
- No one under 21 permitted, including infants and small children in child carriers. This policy pertains to all events including cooking demonstrations, seminars, Grand Tastings, and volunteer specific events.
- Good physical condition and ability to perform necessary tasks including lifting heavy objects, standing for long periods of time, and working irregular hours
- A full commitment to your entire assigned schedule
- Access to a computer or device to complete online Volunteer Orientation
- Attend meetings specific to assigned committee prior to the event days
- Pick up your own credential pass in-person during assigned pick up days in Aspen
- Every Volunteer must submit a complete online application - this includes all returning volunteers and chair persons
HOW ARE VOLUNTEERS ASSIGNED?
Volunteers are confirmed to shifts on a first-registered, first-qualified basis based on needs and availability of committee shifts and past performance, if volunteer is returning. All shifts and committees are subject to change. Volunteer confirmation considerations include: applicant has volunteered for The FOOD & WINE Classic in the recent past, past performance as a FOOD & WINE Classic volunteer, application submission date.
WHAT TRAINING IS REQUIRED TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
Mandatory Volunteer Orientation is an online course that all volunteers and chair persons take from his/her own computer or device. A link to the orientation will be sent to confirmed volunteers in late May and must be completed prior to picking up credentials.