The 2020 FOOD & WINE Classic has been cancelled. Please click here for an important message from FOOD & WINE.
Save the Date: FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen September 10 – 12, 2021.
MINIMUM VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older and furnish proof of age any time during the event.
- No one under 21 permitted, including infants and small children in child carriers. This policy pertains to all events including cooking demonstrations, seminars, Grand Tastings, and volunteer specific events.
- Good physical condition and ability to perform necessary tasks including lifting heavy objects, standing for long periods of time, and working irregular hours
- A full commitment to your entire assigned schedule
- Access to a computer or device to complete online Volunteer Orientation
- Attend meetings specific to assigned committee prior to the event days
- Pick up your own credential pass in-person during assigned pick up days in Aspen
- Every Volunteer must submit a complete online application - this includes all returning volunteers and chair persons
HOW ARE VOLUNTEERS ASSIGNED?
Volunteers are confirmed to shifts on a first-registered, first-qualified basis based on needs and availability of committee shifts and past performance, if volunteer is returning. All shifts and committees are subject to change. Volunteer confirmation considerations include: applicant has volunteered for The FOOD & WINE Classic in the recent past, past performance as a FOOD & WINE Classic volunteer, application submission date.
WHAT TRAINING IS REQUIRED TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
Mandatory Volunteer Orientation is an online course that all volunteers and chair persons take from his/her own computer or device. A link to the orientation will be sent to confirmed volunteers in late May and must be completed prior to picking up credentials.