Aspen After Hours
ASPEN, Colo. – Aspen’s nightlife is legendary. While a small town, Aspen has more than a great appreciation for wine, beer, live music, and revelry. After the summer sunsets, nightlife in Aspen includes everything from craft beer and craft cocktails to live music and DJs.
For Music Lovers
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass (JAS) Performances. In addition to the Jazz Aspen Snowmass June and Labor Day Experience, JAS also hosts JAS Café shows, a series of summer and winter jazz performances taking place at The Little Nell, Here House, and on the rooftop of the Aspen Art Museum. The series features top jazz artists from around the world in an intimate setting.
- Belly Up Aspen rocks year-round with an eclectic mix of top headliners ranging from Mos Def to ZZ Top and everything in between. Its flawless sound system and intimate setting (accommodating only 450 guests) make every show memorable.
- Wheeler Opera House, a historic gem in downtown Aspen, features a diverse summer calendar with film screenings, operas, comedy acts, and jamming rock bands.
- Open-Air Performances. During the summer, Aspen is home to more than 600 music students participating in the Aspen Music Festival and School. Stroll through town and catch an impromptu performance as the music students practice their compositions. Wander over to the open-air Michael Klein Music Tent and take in an evening orchestra performance from the lawn – at no charge.
Whatever Ales You
- Aspen Brewing Company’s Aspen Tap, located on Restaurant Row, makes it an easy choice for a cold beer on a hot afternoon. Aspen Brewing Company offers a selection of unique, locally brewed beers best enjoyed while drinking in the view of Aspen Mountain from the tasting room patio.
- J-Bar in the historic Hotel Jerome has been an Aspen watering hole since 1889 and has kept its saloon ambiance through the times. Today, Aspen locals and visitors alike belly up for a draft or bottle and sophisticated bar fare, and the house is packed during sporting events and happy hour.
- Craft cocktail bar Hooch serves up a variety of cocktails and late-night bites from Meat & Cheese.
- Bad Harriet, located downstairs in Hotel Jerome’s Aspen Times building, is a hotspot for pre and post-dinner drinks in an elegant reservations-only living room-style space with vintage images and newspaper office décor. The speakeasy-style bar, named after the wife of the hotel’s original developer and proprietor, Jerome B. Wheeler, creates a cheeky narrative twist to Harriet’s otherwise well-behaved persona. In addition, the Living Room at Hotel Jerome has chic décor that echoes the hotel’s turn-of-the-century origins and a drink list to satisfy the most advanced connoisseur.
- The Sterling is the newest club to the Aspen scene. Following the legacy of Aspen's Bootsy Bellows, this chic club offers a plush seating area with a full bar and nightly DJs.
- Escobar, where PBR tall boys meet pomegranate martinis sipped alongside a mix of electronic, dance, and Latin music. Founded by a group of seven young Aspen entrepreneurs, Escobar launched onto the local nightclub scene in 2011 and remains a late-night favorite for locals and visitors. Guests can enjoy drinks on the outdoor patio in the summer and fall located on the Hyman Ave. pedestrian mall.
- Silver City is a mountain saloon in the historic Elks Building serving up live country music, whiskeys galore and a jukebox filled with cowboy favorites. Karaoke nights on Mondays get some friendly competition and the crowd going.
For media information and images, visit www.aspenchamber.org/media.
For visitor information, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 1.888.290.1324 or 970.925.1940.