If you do choose to drive your car to Aspen, we have several parking options.
Aspen's Parking Department is always available to answer questions and help with meters. But, they're also around to monitor and enforce on-street parking programs, which they do very efficiently. Trust us.
1. Rio Grande Plaza
We recommend the Rio Grande Parking Plaza, located one block off of Main Street at 425 Rio Grande Place. This parking garage offers affordable, covered parking 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Garage Clearance 7 feet-2 inches.
- NEV (Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) parking and charging available.
- For information please call (970) 920-5430.
*available for purchase during booth hours or between 8:30 am and 5 pm at the Aspen Parking Department at 540 E. Main Street.
From the plaza, the free Galena Street Shuttle provides convenient service to Aspen's downtown core and to Aspen Mountain from 8:15 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the winter and summer season. Please consult the linked RFTA schedule for times, or download their app in the app store.
2. Pay & Display
For parking downtown at one of our extraordinary shops, businesses or attractions, you can use the Pay & Display method.
- In downtown Aspen, you'll see blue signs designating pay stations. Simply insert the appropriate coins or your credit card into the solar-powered meters and you will receive a receipt to be displayed face-up on the driver's side dashboard.
- You may also utilize Pay By Phone or Way to Park apps on your mobile phone. Parking cards and tokens are available for purchase at the Parking Department for those individuals who do not wish to use credit cards.
Off-Season Pricing (April, May, October, November)
10 am-10:59 am $2.00/Hour
Peak Season Pricing - Drive Less Pricing
10am-10:59 am $4.00/Hour
The City of Aspen Parking Services Department will allow 15 minutes free parking once a day per vehicle for a quick errand. Go to any Pay & Display meter on the street and get a receipt to display in their car for 15 minutes of parking with no payment necessary.
The parking receipt is required to be displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle
Purchased parking of 30 minutes or more does not include an additional 15 minutes of parking
The 15 minutes free parking is only available for short term needs
Each vehicle can only get the free 15 once a day.
Motorcycles and Scooters park for free when parked at the end of the block within 2 feet of the "No Parking Anytime" sign.
Electric Vehicles and Hybrids can park for free in the residential zones and carpool areas only, not in the downtown meter spaces. These vehicles must get a permit for the free parking from the Aspen Parking Department.
Neighborhood Electric Vehicles (NEV's) can park for $500 yearly fee until 12/31/19.
3. Carpool Parking
Carpools of two or more adults, of driving age, are eligible for FREE carpool permits for parking in residential or carpool zones.
- Pick up a daily pass at the Airport Parking Information Kiosk at the Pitkin County Airport.
- Designated carpool parking spots are located throughout downtown Aspen. Map here.
- For more information on the carpooling program, call (970) 920-5038.
4. Accessible Parking
Several ADA spaces are available in Aspen. Additionally, ADA permitted vehicles may park in any legal parking space free of charge with no time restrictions.
5. Residential Parking
Free 2 hour parking is available in residential zones just outside of Aspen’s core. Free Saturdays and Sundays
Purchase a full day pass for these zones for $8 at the following places:
- Airport Parking Kiosk
- Aspen Parking Department
- City Market
For more information on parking options, call the Aspen Parking Department at (970)920-5267 or visit http://www.aspenpitkin.com/Departments/Parking.
*Photo courtesy of the City of Aspen Parking Department