When the kids need a change of pace here are some recommendations on how to keep busy.
- Ice skating and lunch or dinner at CP Burger. Aspen’s only outdoor ice rink sits alongside this kid (and adult) friendly eatery. Think milkshakes (spiked for adults!) kale salads, burgers and more.
- The Aspen Recreation Center (the ARC) has a sledding hill just behind the building, which is free to use. Sleds are available to rent for $5 with a signed waiver.
- Also at the Aspen Recreation Center is a climbing wall, indoor ice rink, and heated indoor swimming pool complete with water slide, hot tub, lazy river and more. This is a huge hit with kids.
- Aspen Center for Environmental Studies has an array of programming for kids of all ages, ranging from snowshoeing to explorer photography.
- Art Start & Art Studio at the Aspen Art Museum, as well as Family Workshops, are all excellent opportunities to explore the wide world of artistic expression with your child.
- The Pitkin County Library offers Storytime for varying age groups.
- Red Brick Recreation Center offers drop-in times at their Playhouse Gym weekdays, for $5 per child.