Barclay's 5 Favorite Things To Do in Summer:
- Load the dog into the car, put on some sturdy boots, grab a pocket knife and a canvas bag and go out foraging for wild mushrooms in August and September up Independence Pass or anywhere off trail in our backyard wilderness.
- Drive up the "Pass" (Independence Pass) and stop for a sunset picnic at the Grottos.
- Lay out a blanket, some cheese, and wine on the green space at the Michael Klein Music Tent on Sunday afternoons.
- Hike the Ute Trail, or continue on up to the top of Ajax.
- There is nothing better than water skiing and a BBQ at Ruedi Reservoir (located outside of Basalt) on a sunny day.
Barclay's 5 Favorite Things To Do in Winter:
- See a show at the JAS Café.
- Skiing Ajax any day of the week, or every day!
- Cross country ski to The Pine Creek Cookhouse and have lunch or dinner.
- Put a crew of close friends together and do an overnight hut trip at one of the 10th Mountain Division Huts.
- Get out of the scene, gather a great group of friends and throw a dinner party at home or your condo.