One of the most spectacular times of the year in Aspen, fall days are filled with sunshine and nights with crisp cool air. Valleys full of aspen trees turn yellow against a crystal clear blue sky. You really can't go wrong with a visit to Aspen in September and early October. It's always hard to predict the peak foliage in the area, as a variety of factors are at play, but typically by the 3rd week of September, you won't be disappointed. Check out the live Aspen cam feed here.
Aspen's Autumn Glow
Inspire Your Fall Trip
Book Your Trip
Fall Trip Highlights
Don't miss out on some of our favorite fall highlights.
Start planning your days in Aspen with itineraries to inspire your trip.
- If you only have one day: 24 Hours in Aspen
- A perfect fall day: Make Fall Count
- The full experience without breaking your budget: Free or Nearly Free
- Eat your way through Aspen: For the Foodie
Fall Event Highlights
- Annual Motherlode Volleyball tournament
- Theatre Aspen's annual new works festival: Solo Flights
- The world's only all-age, full-contact rugby tournament: Aspen Ruggerfest
- A non-competitive festival: Aspen Filmfest
Discover all the happenings in our vibrant little mountain town during the fall season. Including behind the scenes opinions on where to bike, why to visit in fall and the best places to see the Aspen trees show off their golden hues.
Book Your Vacation
Call or click to be directed to a local vacation expert. Lodging, airfare, ski packages and more: 877.812.6540