One of the most spectacular times of the year in Aspen, fall days are filled with sunshine and nights with crisp cool air. Valleys full of aspen trees turn yellow against a crystal clear blue sky. You really can't go wrong with a visit to Aspen in September and early October. It's always hard to predict the peak foliage in the area, as a variety of factors are at play, but typically by the 3rd week of September, you won't be disappointed. Check out the live Aspen cam feed here.
Inspire Your Fall Trip
Fall Trip Highlights
Don't miss out on some of our favorite fall highlights.
Outside of the bucket list items, check out these insider tips.
- Leaf peep by foot, wheels, water and more: 7 Ways to See the Fall Foliage in Aspen
- Arrive prepared: Top 10 Things to Pack for a Fall Trip to Aspen
- An insider's glimpse to see fall colors: Ask a Local: Favorite Fall Hikes
- Check these off the list: Fall in Love with Aspen Bucket list
- See the best view: Aspen's Favorite Leaf-Peeping Spots
- Annual Motherlode Volleyball tournament (9/1 - 9/6, 2021)
- Premier culinary event: FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen (9/10 - 9/12, 2021)
- A non-competitive festival: Aspen Filmfest (9/21 - 9/26, 2021)
- The world's only all-age, full-contact rugby tournament: Aspen Ruggerfest (9/23 - 9/26, 2021)
Book Your Vacation
Call or click to be directed to a local vacation expert. Lodging, airfare, ski packages and more: 877.812.6540