We look forward to welcoming you to Aspen. Aspen is safe, clean, and prepared for your arrival. Find out what we are doing below. Your visit creates an environment for Aspen to thrive. Thank you for choosing our destination.
Visitor Resource Guide
Pitkin County asks that travelers complete the online travel affidavit in advance of their trip
COVID Infoline: 970-429-6186
Aspen Valley Hospital: 0401 Castle Creek Road, Aspen, CO 970-925-1120
PITKIN COUNTY'S 5 COMMITMENTS TO CONTAINMENT
- I will maintain 6 feet of distance from anyone not in my household.
- I will wash my hands often.
- I will cover my face in public.
- I will stay home when I am sick.
- I will seek testing immediately and self-report if I experience symptoms.
Within the City of Aspen, face coverings must be worn at all times when inside a place of business that is open to the public (i.e. grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.), as well as on public transportation like buses and taxis. Face coverings must also be worn indoors and outdoors in public places within Aspen’s Mandatory Mask Zone. In addition, masks must be worn outside of the Mandatory Mask Zone indoors and outdoors in public places when a six-foot distance cannot be maintained from others.
Visitors are required to be 10 days symptom free prior to arrival into Pitkin County.
This information is subject to change.
Should you need emergency medical attention during your stay, please call 911.
HOW TO: ASPEN IN A COVID-19 WORLD
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
- Retail stores are open
- Limited capacity and mandatory mask for all staff and customers
- Please observe social distancing requirements when queuing
- Many stores are offering call-ahead curbside service and the ability to shop local online
Prior to Sunday, January 17
- Restaurants are open to 25% capacity
- Restaurants will collect contact information for all diners
- Customers will be screened at the entrance and refused entry if displaying symptoms
- Masks are mandatory for all staff
- Masks are mandatory for all customers indoors and outdoors whenever they are not actively eating or drinking, including when interacting with restaurant employees regardless of the ability to maintain 6 ft. of physical distance from others not of the same household
- Tables will be spaced so that patrons are a minimum of 6 feet apart. Groups shall be spaced in a manner so that no patron from one group is located within 6 feet of a patron from another group
- Group size is limited to 8 or less
- Alcohol sales end at 9:30 PM
- Restaurants close at 10:00 PM
Starting Sunday, January 17
- Indoor dining prohibited
- Outdoor dining is permitted with those in your household
- Last call is at 8 PM
- Many restaurants are offering takeout, curbside and delivery
Hotel & Condo Stays
- Hotels & professionally managed condominium properties are open
- Expect to see health and safety signage throughout the property
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property
- Masks are mandatory for all staff and they are screened for symptoms prior to start of their shift
- Each property has a designated team compliance officer who ensures compliance with all operational guidelines
- A physical barrier, typically plexiglass, will be in place to assist in distancing between employees and guests at check-in, valet and concierge type desks
- Properties will maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the hotel and will implement several enhanced protocols
- One household per unit
Skiing & Snowboarding
- Masks are required while inside, in lift lines, on lifts, while riding in gondola cabins, in rental and retail shops, base areas, lodges and on-mountain facilities
- Reduced touch points with online contactless booking for all lift tickets, lessons and rentals
- Skip the ticket office by utilizing lift ticket pick-up boxes or delivery to your home or lodging
- Hand sanitizing stations are added
- Industry-leading cleaning guidelines for high traffic and high touch areas throughout the day
- Gondola cabins are disinfected with electro-static sprayers
- Fewer customers are boarded onto lifts and gondolas
- Food and beverage services include pre-order online and grab-and-go options