Fall is here and there’s a chill in the air. It’s that time of year to say goodbye to the warmer months and mountain bikes, and hello to winter boots and skis for the renowned winter in Aspen. The skiing and snowboarding in winter is a definite must-do, but Aspen also offers an array of additional winter activities and events that you don’t want to miss out on. Here are 8 reasons why you should book a winter getaway to Aspen today:
- Winter Après – Aspen is consistently recognized as the #1 for après ski in the country year after year. Take advantage of poolside cocktails or work your way down the street for locally brewed beers and live music. Check out these top picks for après ski here.
- The Holiday Season! The holiday season is one of the most magical times of year in Aspen. From holiday lights to celebrations, dinners, events, and more it's surely a season not to be missed in Aspen.
- Wintersköl™ – Wintersköl returns this January 11-14 2024. This “toast to winter” festival has numerous celebrations this year will include virtual events, fireworks, and much more, located throughout Aspen. Stayed tuned for a schedule of 2024.
- Adventure Dining – Looking to add adventure to your dining experience? Take a sleigh ride, cross-country ski or snowshoe up through Ashcroft to Pine Creek Cookhouse for mountain fine dining and a breathtaking view.
- Arts and Culture events. There's plenty of opportunities to experience the arts & culture scene in Aspen. From experiencing Aspen Art Museum's world-renowned gallery exhibits, to watching film festivals online- there's something for every art enthusiast this winter. Click here for the full arts & culture calendar.
- Uphilling- A great way to earn your turns, uphilling in Aspen has become a favorite sport for those locals and visitors who are looking to get a workout in before racing down our powdery snow. Click here and learn more about uphilling in Aspen.
- Mountain Fun – Perfect for a family adventure, mix it up and tube down Snowmass Mountain. Or, top off your ski day and tube down illuminated hillsides under the night sky on Ullr nights.
- One Pass, Four Mountains–Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, and Buttermilk are all in close proximity to each other, conveniently accessible via the free bus system, each with their own characteristics.
Follow us on social @AspenCo and tag us in your winter adventure!