Winter engagement sessions are very popular here in Aspen. Here is a list of tips that I give my couples, to ensure we have a great day of shooting.
1. Bring your dog along. Even if its for only part of the shoot. Dogs are so much fun.
2. Dress warm – scarves, hats, gloves, boots and hand warmers. Temperatures dip quickly and you don’t want to be cold and uncomfortable.
3. Make a plan – Confirm with your photographer the time, location and concept. Create a Pinterest board of images you like, and share with your photographer before the shoot.
4. Add in Adventure, snow shoeing, ice skating, sledding… makes for interesting, more natural images.
5. Colors – Add a pop of color for great contrast to white snow.
6. Change of clothes – Perhaps formal wear inside and casual clothes in the snow and around town.
7. Winter driving – Anticipate for traffic delays, make sure you have enough time for everything you have planned.
8. Tickets or foot passes – Required for chair or gondola ride
9. Lip Balm – remember lip moisturizer and Sunglasses – Can be fun and essential at times
10. Have fun! End with a snowball fight or running in the snow.
Cheers! Robin Proctor of Robin Proctor Photography