From rustic to luxury accommodations, healthy, local food choices and a plethora of cultural and outdoor activities, Aspen satisfies the vacation dreams of kids and parents.
FAMILY FAVORITE SPOTS IN ASPEN:
- Aspen’s Dancing Fountain, deemed the “world’s first computerized dancing fountain” is located in downtown Aspen across from the Wheeler Opera House. With an infinite number of fountain configurations, the Dancing Fountain operates 24-hours a day spring through fall.
- John Denver Sanctuary is located along the Roaring Fork River in Rio Grande Park. Large stone sculptures feature the lyrics of the former Aspen resident’s most beloved songs. A wonderful spot to enjoy a picnic, a dip in the river or just enjoy the views of Aspen Mountain.
- Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) - Hallam Lake is a beautiful and wild wonderland for kids to explore and learn about the environment and the animals that live in it. ACES offers day-long and week-long summer camps for kids ages four to 18 at their Hallam Lake and Rock Bottom Ranch locations.
- Maroon Bells are a must-see for any visitor to Aspen. The short hike around Maroon Lake is doable by kids of any age, and older kids and teens can hike up to Crater Lake, about two hours roundtrip.
- The Grottos, located eight miles east of Aspen towards Independence Pass, is a kids’ favorite with rock formations, ice sculptures and more along the banks of the Roaring Fork River.
- Weller Lake, near the Grottos, is a one-mile roundtrip kid-friendly hike.
- Ashcroft Ghost Town on Castle Creek is a wonderful spot for kids to explore and imagine when Ashcroft was a lively silver-mining town.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR ONLINE ASPEN EVENT CALENDAR FOR FAMILY FRIENDLY EVENTS.