With beautiful weather and smaller crowds, autumn is one of the finest times to experience the mountains. As a world-class year-round destination, Aspen elevates fall far beyond mere leaf-peeping. Get the most out of this fall season in Aspen and see how many items you can check off of our fall bucket list:
1. Grab a bite to eat and admire local crafts at the Saturday Market
2. Take in the beauty of the fall foliage with a ride up the Silver Queen Gondola
3. Bike the Rio Grande Trail to Woody Creek Tavern
4. Paraglide off the summit of Aspen Mountain
5. Travel to Independence Pass and discover The Grottos
6. Visit the Maroon Bells and hike to Crater Lake
7. Race up Sunnyside Trail and enjoy the fall foliage.
8. Visit the Aspen Art Museum, designed by Shigeru Ban and dine at So, the rooftop café with incredible views of Aspen Mountain
9. Go rafting or kayaking on the Roaring Fork River
10. Browse the many art galleries around town
11. Hike the Ute Trail
12. Dine al fresco
13. Enjoy all of the events Aspen has to offer found here.
14. Get to know the backcountry of the Elk Mountains on horseback
16. Fly fish for Rainbow, Brown, and Speckled Trout
17. Camp in the White River National Forest
18. Hit the driving range at the Aspen Golf Club
19. Tour the Ashcroft Ghost Town
20. Take a sunrise hot air balloon ride
21. Mountain bike Lower Hunter Creek
22. Indulge in cocktails and truffle fries at Ajax Tavern, located at the base of Aspen Mountain
23. Enjoy a scenic drive or bike ride up Maroon Creek Road or Castle Creek Road
Follow us on social @AspenCo and tag us in your fall adventures!
Let's stay in touch! Sign up for our monthly destination newsletter and get the skinny on all things Aspen so you can stay in the know.
Discover more ways to fall in love with Aspen in the video below: